Dr. Jon Perlus
B.SC, D.D.S., DIP. PERIO., M.R.C.D. (C)
MEET DR. JON PERLUS
Dr. Perlus, a periodontist with a special interest in dental implant surgery, is giving people with dentures and missing teeth an improved quality of life in terms of both function and appearance.
Dr. Perlus has been practicing periodontics since 1975 and implant surgery since 1982. A graduate of McGill University Faculty of Dentistry in 1973, he specialized in periodontology at the University of Toronto. During the early 1980s, he studied implantology and implant surgery in Sweden, the United States and Canada, and is now recognized for his proven methodology and successful cases. Over the past 30 years, Dr. Perlus has placed thousands of implants for patients of all ages.
A frequent lecturer to dental students and practicing dentists, Dr. Perlus has published articles on techniques and considerations necessary to achieve a high level of success. For his contributions to this innovative new field of dental surgery, Dr. Perlus was awarded the Gold Medal by the American Society of Osseointegration and a fellowship by the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
Dr. Perlus is a father of three and an active outdoorsman. Winters will find him and his family competing in downhill ski races, while summer weekends are spent boating. Dr. Perlus is also an enthusiastic supporter of the performing arts and frequent visitor to the theatre, dance and the symphony.
Dental Implants 1986-2016, A Retrospective Study (in manuscript)
- Certified to provide Intravenous Conscious Sedation, Royal College of Dental Surgeons
- Faculty, University of Toronto School of Dentistry
- Faculty, Misch International Dental Implant Institute
- Faculty, Temple University
- Diplomat, The American Society of Oral Implantologists
- Fellow, Academy of Dentistry International
- Fellow, American Academy of Oral Implantology
- Fellow, Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- Fellow, International College of Dentists
- Member, American Academy of Periodontology
- Member, Canadian Academy of Periodontology
- Member, Ontario Society of Periodontology
- Member, Ontario Society of Osseointegration
- Past Member, Council of the Canadian Dental Association
- Past President, Ontario Dental Association